Virginia students get their hands dirty for Earth Day
Thousands of Virginia elementary school students are getting their hands dirty this week, in honor of Earth Day and Arbor Day.
Students are planting trees provided by Dominion Virginia Power’s environmental education program, ‘Project Plant It’.
“If today’s excitement at Norfolk’s Campostella Elementary school is any indication, our future environment is in good hands!”
The children pledged to make a difference by respecting and caring for trees. The Radio Disney “foresters” tested the students’ tree smarts in an action-packed game show. Afterwards, the kids helped plant a Dogwood tree, donated by Dominion Virginia Power which also gave all of the students their own tree seedling to plant.Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen