Virginia students get their hands dirty for Earth Day
Thousands of Virginia elementary school students are getting their hands dirty this week, in honor of Earth Day and Arbor Day.
Students are planting trees provided by Dominion Virginia Power’s environmental education program, ‘Project Plant It’.
“If today’s excitement at Norfolk’s Campostella Elementary school is any indication, our future environment is in good hands!”
The children pledged to make a difference by respecting and caring for trees. The Radio Disney “foresters” tested the students’ tree smarts in an action-packed game show. Afterwards, the kids helped plant a Dogwood tree, donated by Dominion Virginia Power which also gave all of the students their own tree seedling to plant.Submit Your Photo
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's