Virginia Beach man leads troopers on I-64 high-speed chase, jumps over bridge
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Virginia Beach man was apprehended by Virginia State Troopers on Monday morning after leading troopers on a high-speed chase down I-64.
According to the Virginia State Police, Khalif Baucom was driving a Ford SUV at a high rate of speed when he drove past a trooper conducting stationary radar at Battlefield Boulevard.
When the trooper attempted to pull the SUV over, Baucom exceeded at a high rate of speed down I-64 into the HOV system.
Baucom exited the HOV lanes at Granby Street, striking two marked state units. Baucom then jumped out of the moving vehicle and jumped over the Mason Creek Bridge.
He landed in the creek and traveled across Granby Street on foot before he was apprehended.
Baucom suffered minor injuries from the jump and was transported to a local hospital.
He faces several charges.
No troopers were injured.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'