Virginia Beach man leads troopers on I-64 high-speed chase, jumps over bridge
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Virginia Beach man was apprehended by Virginia State Troopers on Monday morning after leading troopers on a high-speed chase down I-64.
According to the Virginia State Police, Khalif Baucom was driving a Ford SUV at a high rate of speed when he drove past a trooper conducting stationary radar at Battlefield Boulevard.
When the trooper attempted to pull the SUV over, Baucom exceeded at a high rate of speed down I-64 into the HOV system.
Baucom exited the HOV lanes at Granby Street, striking two marked state units. Baucom then jumped out of the moving vehicle and jumped over the Mason Creek Bridge.
He landed in the creek and traveled across Granby Street on foot before he was apprehended.
Baucom suffered minor injuries from the jump and was transported to a local hospital.
He faces several charges.
No troopers were injured.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach