Hanover Co. woman accused of faking cancer sentenced for Medicaid fraud
Hanover County, Va. – A Hanover County woman once accused of faking cancer who was facing up to 40 years in prison for Medicaid fraud was sentenced Monday afternoon, according to WTVR.
Martha Nicholas, who pleaded no contest to the charges in January, received a 10 year suspended sentence in Hanover County circuit court.
Nicholas will have to complete 100 hours of community service and provide restitution to her victims.
In addition, she will be on supervised probation and will have to provide DNA for analysis to law enforcement.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean