Hanover Co. woman accused of faking cancer sentenced for Medicaid fraud
Hanover County, Va. – A Hanover County woman once accused of faking cancer who was facing up to 40 years in prison for Medicaid fraud was sentenced Monday afternoon, according to WTVR.
Martha Nicholas, who pleaded no contest to the charges in January, received a 10 year suspended sentence in Hanover County circuit court.
Nicholas will have to complete 100 hours of community service and provide restitution to her victims.
In addition, she will be on supervised probation and will have to provide DNA for analysis to law enforcement.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel