Hanover Co. woman accused of faking cancer sentenced for Medicaid fraud
Hanover County, Va. – A Hanover County woman once accused of faking cancer who was facing up to 40 years in prison for Medicaid fraud was sentenced Monday afternoon, according to WTVR.
Martha Nicholas, who pleaded no contest to the charges in January, received a 10 year suspended sentence in Hanover County circuit court.
Nicholas will have to complete 100 hours of community service and provide restitution to her victims.
In addition, she will be on supervised probation and will have to provide DNA for analysis to law enforcement.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down