Two killed in plane crash in James City County
Two people are dead after a plane crashed in James City County
The single-engine Cessna 210 crashed in a neighborhood near Boatwright Circle by Willamsburg-Jamestown Airport.
According to JCCFD Assistant Chief Bob Ryalls, the plane crashed in a wooded, grassy area between residences, about 50-75 feet from a house around 4:58 p.m.
The pilot, Joseph D. Brown IV, 54, and his wife and only passenger, Susan S. Brown, 52, both died at the scene. They also had a dog on board with them, which also perished in the crash. Both Browns have a Nebraska address, according to Virginia State Police.
The FAA responded to the scene Friday evening. The NTSB will arrive on scene Saturday morning. State police have secured the scene and remain at the crash site overnight. No one on the ground was injured and no buildings were damaged in the crash.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains