26-year-old MIT police officer killed in shootout
Sean Collier (Cambridge Police)
A 26-year-old Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer was the victim of a campus shooting late Thursday night with the alleged Boston bombing suspects.
A student called police to report possible gunshots Thursday night. Collier responded to the call and was shot multiple times.
He died after being transported to a local hospital.
Collier had been a MIT police officer since January 2012.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time