Newport News man arrested for CNU arsons
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News man has been charged with setting five fires at four separate buildings Tuesday afternoon on the Christopher Newport University campus. The Virginia State Police and CNU Police Department took 20-year-old Davant Marshall into custody Wednesday without incident.
A joint investigation conducted by Virginia State Police, CNU Police, Newport News Police, the Newport News Fire Marshal’s Office and ATF, identified Marshall as the individual responsible for the arsons.
Marshall has been charged with five counts of arson and is being held at the Newport News Jail. Marshall is a non residential CNU student and as a result of his arrest he has been placed on interim suspension from the university.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it