Newport News man arrested for CNU arsons
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News man has been charged with setting five fires at four separate buildings Tuesday afternoon on the Christopher Newport University campus. The Virginia State Police and CNU Police Department took 20-year-old Davant Marshall into custody Wednesday without incident.
A joint investigation conducted by Virginia State Police, CNU Police, Newport News Police, the Newport News Fire Marshal’s Office and ATF, identified Marshall as the individual responsible for the arsons.
Marshall has been charged with five counts of arson and is being held at the Newport News Jail. Marshall is a non residential CNU student and as a result of his arrest he has been placed on interim suspension from the university.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million