Sunset memorial in Virginia Beach for victims of 2007 Va. Tech shooting
Virginia Beach, Va. – The Virginia Tech Alumni Association’s Tidewater Chapter is hosting a sunset memorial service to honor and remember the 32 students and faculty taken from their families, friends and the Virginia Tech community during the 2007 campus shooting.
The event will be held from 7:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 16 at the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Graduate Center at 1444 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach.
Expressions of remembrance will be offered by Chris Jennings, VTAA Tidewater Chapter President.
Those who attend will be provided candles to light together at dusk.
“April 16 is a day that every member of the Hokie Nation will never forget,” Jennings says. “But, a stronger legacy of service to our community was born out of that tragic day six years ago. This year, we will gather to honor our fallen brothers and sisters and remember our responsibility to live our school motto, ‘Ut Prosim’ meaning ‘That I may Serve’ and once again proudly proclaim, ‘We are the Hokies, We will prevail, We are Virginia Tech!’”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend