America’s Armed Forces Kids Run at JEB Little Creek-Fort Story
Virginia Beach, Va. – Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek will host the 11th Annual America’s Armed Forces Kids Run this spring.
The event is happening at 9:00 a.m., Saturday, May 18, at Sulinski Field track.
Runners will run three distances based on their age. Children ages 5 and 6 run a half mile; ages 7 and 8 run one mile; and ages 9 through 13 run two miles, on a safe and secure course.
America’s Kids Run began in 1986 with 3,800 children participating in the first run in Spokane, Washington.
Over the past 24 years 198,000 children ages 5 to 13 have enjoyed the run in Spokane, officials say.
In 2002 the decision was made to offer the run to the military to hold on its installations.
This event is not open to the public.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates and further details.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words