America’s Armed Forces Kids Run at JEB Little Creek-Fort Story
Virginia Beach, Va. – Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek will host the 11th Annual America’s Armed Forces Kids Run this spring.
The event is happening at 9:00 a.m., Saturday, May 18, at Sulinski Field track.
Runners will run three distances based on their age. Children ages 5 and 6 run a half mile; ages 7 and 8 run one mile; and ages 9 through 13 run two miles, on a safe and secure course.
America’s Kids Run began in 1986 with 3,800 children participating in the first run in Spokane, Washington.
Over the past 24 years 198,000 children ages 5 to 13 have enjoyed the run in Spokane, officials say.
In 2002 the decision was made to offer the run to the military to hold on its installations.
This event is not open to the public.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates and further details.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam