Jam Dots (Vegan and Wheat Free) – Yield about 12 cookies
6 ounce (about 1 cup) Almonds – Slivered, raw
1 cups Oats, rolled
1 ¼ cups Oat flour – make by grinding rolled oats in a food processor until flour like consistency.
¾ teaspoon Cinnamon - Ground
¾ cup Pure Maple Syrup
¾ cup Vegetable oil
1. In a food processor, grind the almonds and oats to a rough meal.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients. Whisk together the wet and pour into the dry. Mix until it just comes together. It should form a semi- firm dough, so the cookies will stand up on their own.
3. Scoop desired size. Then press to form a cookie and use your thumb to make an indentation in the center.
4. Into this cavity scoop a small amount of jam (strawberry and raspberry are the best).
5. Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and the jam is bubbling in the center.
6. Allow to cool completely before serving.