Sister charged after man stabbed to death in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – A 25-year-old man from Richmond died Sunday evening after he was stabbed in the chest.
Police say it happened around 7 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of 21st St in Newport News. Bryan Garnett II was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead at 8 p.m.
The Garnet’s sister, 29-year-old Latoya Garnett, has been charged with the stabbing. Police say it appears the victim was visiting Garnett when there was an argument that led to the stabbing.
Layota Garnett appeared in court Monday morning. Her arraignment was continued until May 6th so her parents can hire an attorney.
Latoya will remain in jail until the arraignment unless her attorney can arrange an earlier bond hearing.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend