UPDATE: Two people arrested in connection with Norfolk home invasion, shooting
Update: Detectives have charged two suspects in connection with the shooting on San Antonio Blvd: Trenton J. Ore, 25, of Bellevue Ave and Joven K. Covington, 23, of Strand St. Both are charged with Robbery, Malicious Wounding, Use of a Firearm and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
Ore is currently in the Norfolk City Jail. Covington remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Norfolk, Va. – Police say five people were injured in a shooting during an attempted home invasion Saturday night.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. on San Antonio Blvd near Galveston Blvd.
When officers arrived, they found one man who had been shot. He was transported to DePaul Hospital.
Detectives then learned that four other men who had been shot had been taken to the same hospital in private vehicles.
All of the victims received treatment for non-life threatening injuries.
Detectives determined that two of the men were suspects in an attempted home invasion that led to the shooting. All five were involved in the same incident.
Police have not said if the victims of the home invasion exchanged gunfire with the suspects.
At this time, police believe that everyone involved in this incident is accounted for.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time