Men ‘walk a mile in her shoes’ at annual event in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Men strapped on high heels Saturday morning for a walk around Peninsula Town Center.
It was the 7th annual “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” event. It’s held to raise awareness and put a stop to sexual violence.
About 150 people took part in the walk.
“The more awareness we can bring to sexual violence, the more that we can try to prevent it. If we can get people talking about sexual violence, then we can get people preventing sexual violence,” said Shawna Gray, Executive Director of The Center.
Money raised goes to The Center for Sexual Assault Survivors.
It’s not too late to donate. Click here to go to their website. You’ll find a page there where you can make donations on-line.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time