Men ‘walk a mile in her shoes’ at annual event in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Men strapped on high heels Saturday morning for a walk around Peninsula Town Center.
It was the 7th annual “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” event. It’s held to raise awareness and put a stop to sexual violence.
About 150 people took part in the walk.
“The more awareness we can bring to sexual violence, the more that we can try to prevent it. If we can get people talking about sexual violence, then we can get people preventing sexual violence,” said Shawna Gray, Executive Director of The Center.
Money raised goes to The Center for Sexual Assault Survivors.
It’s not too late to donate. Click here to go to their website. You’ll find a page there where you can make donations on-line.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's