NC lawmakers may downgrade marijuana possession penalties
North Carolina lawmakers are considering a bill that would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana and allow charges to be removed from offenders’ records eventually, according to a recent report from WNCT.com.
The report says this law would decriminalize the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana – and if you have no more run-ins with the criminal justice system for the next two years – you could get your record expunged from the system.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel