NC lawmakers may downgrade marijuana possession penalties
North Carolina lawmakers are considering a bill that would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana and allow charges to be removed from offenders’ records eventually, according to a recent report from WNCT.com.
The report says this law would decriminalize the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana – and if you have no more run-ins with the criminal justice system for the next two years – you could get your record expunged from the system.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'