NC lawmakers may downgrade marijuana possession penalties
North Carolina lawmakers are considering a bill that would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana and allow charges to be removed from offenders’ records eventually, according to a recent report from WNCT.com.
The report says this law would decriminalize the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana – and if you have no more run-ins with the criminal justice system for the next two years – you could get your record expunged from the system.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study