Fleet Week canceled in NYC due to budget cuts
New York – It looks like the budget cuts have claimed another victim–Fleet Week.
This event happens every year in New York and it has now been canceled according to WTVR.
No aircraft carriers or destroyers will be sailing into New York harbor this year according to the Navy.
This event normally generates thousands of dollars for local businesses in the city.
Fleet week in the past has drawn thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines to New York the week of Memorial Day.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home