Fleet Week canceled in NYC due to budget cuts
New York – It looks like the budget cuts have claimed another victim–Fleet Week.
This event happens every year in New York and it has now been canceled according to WTVR.
No aircraft carriers or destroyers will be sailing into New York harbor this year according to the Navy.
This event normally generates thousands of dollars for local businesses in the city.
Fleet week in the past has drawn thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines to New York the week of Memorial Day.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales