Fleet Week canceled in NYC due to budget cuts
New York – It looks like the budget cuts have claimed another victim–Fleet Week.
This event happens every year in New York and it has now been canceled according to WTVR.
No aircraft carriers or destroyers will be sailing into New York harbor this year according to the Navy.
This event normally generates thousands of dollars for local businesses in the city.
Fleet week in the past has drawn thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines to New York the week of Memorial Day.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’