Fleet Week canceled in NYC due to budget cuts
New York – It looks like the budget cuts have claimed another victim–Fleet Week.
This event happens every year in New York and it has now been canceled according to WTVR.
No aircraft carriers or destroyers will be sailing into New York harbor this year according to the Navy.
This event normally generates thousands of dollars for local businesses in the city.
Fleet week in the past has drawn thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines to New York the week of Memorial Day.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel