Detroit Lions sign Internet kicking sensation
A Norwegian Internet kicking sensation has been signed by the Detroit Lions, the team announced Thursday.
Details of the deal with Havard Rugland were not disclosed.
Rugland posted a video, called “Kickalicious,” to YouTube in September. The video shows him kicking and punting a football through uprights from as far away as 60 yards, and from incredible angles.
He also kicks a ball to a friend on a boat on a lake, in a moving car, on a skateboard, on a railroad bridge, on a hill, on a bluff overlooking a beach and over trees.
The 6’2’’, 240-pound Rugland played amateur soccer in Norway before taking an interest in American Football in 2011 after watching the Super Bowl.
He had tryouts with the Lions and Jets and spent time working out at Michael Husted’s pro kicking camp in Florida.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million