Updated: Three heat records fall
If you thought it felt unusually warm on Wednesday, you thought right. Our high of 89 degrees broke the previous record of 87 set 91 years ago, in 1922. And on the Eastern Shore, it was a record-smashing day. We topped the previous record high by 12 degrees! The record set in 1992 was 76 degrees. We topped out at 88 degrees. The 69-year-old record of 85 degrees in northeastern North Carolina also fell. At the Coast Guard station we hit 87 degrees.
It looks like we’re done with the record heat for awhile. Check my updated VIPIR forecast HERE.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen