Updated: Three heat records fall
If you thought it felt unusually warm on Wednesday, you thought right. Our high of 89 degrees broke the previous record of 87 set 91 years ago, in 1922. And on the Eastern Shore, it was a record-smashing day. We topped the previous record high by 12 degrees! The record set in 1992 was 76 degrees. We topped out at 88 degrees. The 69-year-old record of 85 degrees in northeastern North Carolina also fell. At the Coast Guard station we hit 87 degrees.
It looks like we’re done with the record heat for awhile. Check my updated VIPIR forecast HERE.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach