Two Virginia Beach-based F-18 pilots safe after crashing in the Arabian Sea
Two aircrew based in Virginia Beach ejected out of an F/A-18F Super Hornet before it crashed into the North Arabian sea near the USS Eisenhower.
They are with VFA-103 Jolly Rogers on board the Eisenhower, according to the Fifth Fleet Command Website. A tweet from the Navy says both pilots are safe and back aboard the Eisenhower.
A Navy spokesman says the Super Hornet’s engines failed.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates as they are released.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam