Two Virginia Beach-based F-18 pilots safe after crashing in the Arabian Sea
Two aircrew based in Virginia Beach ejected out of an F/A-18F Super Hornet before it crashed into the North Arabian sea near the USS Eisenhower.
They are with VFA-103 Jolly Rogers on board the Eisenhower, according to the Fifth Fleet Command Website. A tweet from the Navy says both pilots are safe and back aboard the Eisenhower.
A Navy spokesman says the Super Hornet’s engines failed.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates as they are released.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom