Lawmaker’s proposal to slaughter stray dogs, export their meat
A Samoan lawmaker proposed a plan to deal with Samoa’s stray dog problem – by slaughtering the animals and exporting their meat.
That proposal was made on Monday.
The idea comes as Samoa’s parliament debates how to deal with the problem of an overwhelming number of strays.
They say the meat could be exported to dog meat eating countries.
Another idea is dog racing.
There is no word yet on exactly what route Samoa’s parliament will take.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million