Lawmaker’s proposal to slaughter stray dogs, export their meat
A Samoan lawmaker proposed a plan to deal with Samoa’s stray dog problem – by slaughtering the animals and exporting their meat.
That proposal was made on Monday.
The idea comes as Samoa’s parliament debates how to deal with the problem of an overwhelming number of strays.
They say the meat could be exported to dog meat eating countries.
Another idea is dog racing.
There is no word yet on exactly what route Samoa’s parliament will take.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach