Funeral arrangements announced for IOW sheriff’s deputy killed in motorcycle accident
Isle of Wight County, Va. – An off-duty Isle of Wight sheriff’s deputy was killed in a single-vehicle motorcycle crash on Sunday. Officials have not released information about the funeral arrangements.
A funeral service will be held on Thursday, April 11 at 1 p.m. at Westminister Reformed Presbyterian Church located at 3488 Godwin Blvd. in Suffolk. Visits with the family will be held on Wednesday from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at Colonial Funeral Home on 1515 Church Street in Smithfield.
The 911 call came in at 4:17 p.m. from the 30000 block of Walters Highway in Carrsville.
State police tell us Sgt Jeffrey A. Storm was traveling northbound when he lost control ran off the road and was ejected.
The 52 year old from Windsor died at the scene.
Sgt. Storm joined the Isle of Wright sheriff`s office as a patrol deputy in 1995 and was promoted to sergeant in 2000.
He was currently serving as an administrative sergeant and crime prevention specialist.
Virginia State Police are conducting an investigation of the accident.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales