Funeral arrangements announced for IOW sheriff’s deputy killed in motorcycle accident
Isle of Wight County, Va. – An off-duty Isle of Wight sheriff’s deputy was killed in a single-vehicle motorcycle crash on Sunday. Officials have not released information about the funeral arrangements.
A funeral service will be held on Thursday, April 11 at 1 p.m. at Westminister Reformed Presbyterian Church located at 3488 Godwin Blvd. in Suffolk. Visits with the family will be held on Wednesday from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at Colonial Funeral Home on 1515 Church Street in Smithfield.
The 911 call came in at 4:17 p.m. from the 30000 block of Walters Highway in Carrsville.
State police tell us Sgt Jeffrey A. Storm was traveling northbound when he lost control ran off the road and was ejected.
The 52 year old from Windsor died at the scene.
Sgt. Storm joined the Isle of Wright sheriff`s office as a patrol deputy in 1995 and was promoted to sergeant in 2000.
He was currently serving as an administrative sergeant and crime prevention specialist.
Virginia State Police are conducting an investigation of the accident.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video