Four adults and seven children lose Norfolk home to fire
Norfolk, Va. – Eleven people lost their home after an early morning fire, according to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson with the Norfolk Fire Department.
Fire units were called to the apartment home on Hampton Blvd near North Shore Road around 4:30am Saturday.
One of the people living in the house smelled something burning and quickly alerted everyone else in the house. All four adults and seven children were able to make it out safely by the time the fire department arrived.
The fire was contained to the attic area, and was under control by 5:00am.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million