Four adults and seven children lose Norfolk home to fire
Norfolk, Va. – Eleven people lost their home after an early morning fire, according to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson with the Norfolk Fire Department.
Fire units were called to the apartment home on Hampton Blvd near North Shore Road around 4:30am Saturday.
One of the people living in the house smelled something burning and quickly alerted everyone else in the house. All four adults and seven children were able to make it out safely by the time the fire department arrived.
The fire was contained to the attic area, and was under control by 5:00am.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!