Report: Trayvon Martin’s family settles with homeowners association
The report of the settlement comes more than 13 months after neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Martin in Zimmerman’s neighborhood in Sanford, Florida.
An attorney representing the homeowners association’s president declined to comment when reached by CNN Friday afternoon. CNN’s attempts to reach Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin’s parents, weren’t immediately successful.
Zimmerman is awaiting trial, charged with second-degree murder in Martin’s death. He claims he shot Martin in self-defense after Zimmerman saw the 17-year-old acting suspiciously in the neighborhood.
Attorneys for Martin’s family have accused Zimmerman of racially profiling the 17-year-old and shooting him “in cold blood.”
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call