Report: Trayvon Martin’s family settles with homeowners association
The report of the settlement comes more than 13 months after neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Martin in Zimmerman’s neighborhood in Sanford, Florida.
An attorney representing the homeowners association’s president declined to comment when reached by CNN Friday afternoon. CNN’s attempts to reach Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin’s parents, weren’t immediately successful.
Zimmerman is awaiting trial, charged with second-degree murder in Martin’s death. He claims he shot Martin in self-defense after Zimmerman saw the 17-year-old acting suspiciously in the neighborhood.
Attorneys for Martin’s family have accused Zimmerman of racially profiling the 17-year-old and shooting him “in cold blood.”
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth