Police release descriptions of suspects wanted for Norfolk shooting
Update: Police say the first suspect is a black man in his 20′s, around 5’11″, weighing 150-170 lbs and wearing a dark blue shirt, blue jeans, and black Crocs shoes. The second suspect is a black male also in his 20′s, around 5’11″, weighing 180-190 pounds, with a dark complexion, and was wearing a gray jacket over a green shirt with writing on it.
There were also juveniles taken into custody near where the shooting happened, but this was not related to the shooting. They were later released to their parents.
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police are investigating after a shooting in downtown Norfolk near the Norva. Two people were wounded.
Police say the shooting happened just before 10 p.m. between the 300 and 400 blocks of Monticello Avenue.
Witnesses say a fight broke out at a spring break concert at the Norva just before shots were fired, which led to a more chaotic scene with the massive crowd.
Were told that one juvenile male and one female victim were transported to the hospital. Authorities on scene say that it appears that their injuries are not life-threatening.
Light rail stations from York Street to MacArthur were shut down temporarily, but have since been reopened.
Right now there’s information on suspect, motive or arrest.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for the latest developments.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Who would bully military wives online?