‘Craigslist Killer’ sentenced to death
Akron, Ohio – An Ohio judge has sentenced convicted triple murderer Richard Beasley, the ‘Craigslist Killer’ to death.
Judge Lynne Callahan upheld a jury’s recommendation to give the 53-year-old the death penalty after his conviction of three murders last month, according to Fox8.com.
Beasley lured and killed three men who responded to a help-wanted advertisement for a farm hand that was placed on Craigslist.
Norfolk resident David Pauley was killed, along with Timothy Kern and Ralph Geiger of Ohio.
Beasley was also convicted of attempted murder for the shooting of Scott Davis, who escaped after Beasley shot him in the arm. Davis ran into the woods then tipped off police.
Beasley’s teenage co-defendant, Brogan Rafferty, was convicted of related crimes and sentenced to life in prison last year.
Check back with wtkr.com and watch NewsChannel 3 for more as this story develops.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'