‘Craigslist Killer’ sentenced to death
Akron, Ohio – An Ohio judge has sentenced convicted triple murderer Richard Beasley, the ‘Craigslist Killer’ to death.
Judge Lynne Callahan upheld a jury’s recommendation to give the 53-year-old the death penalty after his conviction of three murders last month, according to Fox8.com.
Beasley lured and killed three men who responded to a help-wanted advertisement for a farm hand that was placed on Craigslist.
Norfolk resident David Pauley was killed, along with Timothy Kern and Ralph Geiger of Ohio.
Beasley was also convicted of attempted murder for the shooting of Scott Davis, who escaped after Beasley shot him in the arm. Davis ran into the woods then tipped off police.
Beasley’s teenage co-defendant, Brogan Rafferty, was convicted of related crimes and sentenced to life in prison last year.
Check back with wtkr.com and watch NewsChannel 3 for more as this story develops.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave