‘Craigslist Killer’ sentenced to death
Akron, Ohio – An Ohio judge has sentenced convicted triple murderer Richard Beasley, the ‘Craigslist Killer’ to death.
Judge Lynne Callahan upheld a jury’s recommendation to give the 53-year-old the death penalty after his conviction of three murders last month, according to Fox8.com.
Beasley lured and killed three men who responded to a help-wanted advertisement for a farm hand that was placed on Craigslist.
Norfolk resident David Pauley was killed, along with Timothy Kern and Ralph Geiger of Ohio.
Beasley was also convicted of attempted murder for the shooting of Scott Davis, who escaped after Beasley shot him in the arm. Davis ran into the woods then tipped off police.
Beasley’s teenage co-defendant, Brogan Rafferty, was convicted of related crimes and sentenced to life in prison last year.
Check back with wtkr.com and watch NewsChannel 3 for more as this story develops.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head