Beach reopens after shark attacks surfer
A beach is now open after a shark attacked a surfer, police say.
It was closed a mile in either direction on Tuesday.
Officers say the 58-year old man from California is now recovering at a hospital in Maui.
Lifeguards say the shark was about eight to 10 feet long.
They say its head was about the same size as a basketball.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’