Beach reopens after shark attacks surfer
A beach is now open after a shark attacked a surfer, police say.
It was closed a mile in either direction on Tuesday.
Officers say the 58-year old man from California is now recovering at a hospital in Maui.
Lifeguards say the shark was about eight to 10 feet long.
They say its head was about the same size as a basketball.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen