Beach reopens after shark attacks surfer
A beach is now open after a shark attacked a surfer, police say.
It was closed a mile in either direction on Tuesday.
Officers say the 58-year old man from California is now recovering at a hospital in Maui.
Lifeguards say the shark was about eight to 10 feet long.
They say its head was about the same size as a basketball.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says