USS Jason Dunham to return to Norfolk Friday
Norfolk, Va. - The guided-missile destroyer USS Jason Dunham (DDG 109) will return to her Norfolk homeport on Friday, April 5.
The expected time of arrival is between 10 a.m. and noon.
Crews are coming back off of a 9-month deployment to the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility.
Jason Dunham is named after Marine Cpl. Jason L. Dunham who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for service in Iraq.
Be sure to watch NewsChannel 3 for all of the homecoming coverage. View more military news headlines, HERE.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom