USS Jason Dunham to return to Norfolk Friday
Norfolk, Va. - The guided-missile destroyer USS Jason Dunham (DDG 109) will return to her Norfolk homeport on Friday, April 5.
The expected time of arrival is between 10 a.m. and noon.
Crews are coming back off of a 9-month deployment to the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility.
Jason Dunham is named after Marine Cpl. Jason L. Dunham who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for service in Iraq.
Be sure to watch NewsChannel 3 for all of the homecoming coverage. View more military news headlines, HERE.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’