Man faces animal cruelty charges in pit bull’s death
Suffolk, Va. – A 21-year-old man in Suffolk is now facing animal cruelty charges after a pit bull was found dead and three others emaciated in November of 2012.
Laquan L. Williams faces five misdemeanor charges for animal cruelty. He was arrested and charged on Sunday, March 31, 2013.
Williams left four pit bulls at a woman’s home in Suffolk, police tell NewsChannel 3. The woman told him she was leaving, and asked him to find a new location for the dogs. When he failed to do so, Animal Control received a complaint about possible animal cruelty. When crews arrived, one dog was dead and three were emaciated.
NewsChannel 3 is working to find more information.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen