Norfolk-based sailor killed in Maryland accident
Norfolk, Va. – A Norfolk-based sailor was one of three people killed in an Easter morning accident in Maryland.
22-year-old Samuel Schindler was home for the holiday weekend and coming home with three friends just after midnight Sunday morning.
Police say the driver hit a pole, then a tree, and rolled over before hitting a second tree.
The driver, Schindler and another passenger were all killed.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'