Hampton Waffle House employee charged for April Fool’s joke
Hampton, Va. – A Hampton Waffle House employee is now charged after officers say she played an April Fool’s joke on them.
Susan Tinker is charged for lying about a robbery.
Police say around 6 a.m. Monday morning, Tinker called to report the robbery at the restaurant on West Mercury Boulevard.
Police say they got to the scene and spent more than an hour investigating.
While waiting for the manger to get there to review surveillance tape, they figured out there was no robbery.
Tinker told police it was all an April Fool’s joke.
But officers say this was no laughing matter.
A spokesperson for the Waffle House says they do not tolerate this kind of behavior and Tinker is no longer employed there.
Life on a carrier
Va. vanity plates
Topless PTSD fight
Way too tan
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found