Time-lapse video: The USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in dry dock
The USS Abraham Lincoln finally arrived at Newport News Shipyard this week for its four-year midlife refueling and complex overhaul. Budget uncertainty from the sequester had caused a six-week delay in the carrier’s arrival as the Navy waited to see if Congress would approve enough money to cover the work.
The Navy’s fifth Nimitz-class carrier will have its nuclear reactors refueled, as well as extensive modernization work to more than 2,300 compartments, 600 tanks and hundreds of systems.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel