Time-lapse video: The USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in dry dock
The USS Abraham Lincoln finally arrived at Newport News Shipyard this week for its four-year midlife refueling and complex overhaul. Budget uncertainty from the sequester had caused a six-week delay in the carrier’s arrival as the Navy waited to see if Congress would approve enough money to cover the work.
The Navy’s fifth Nimitz-class carrier will have its nuclear reactors refueled, as well as extensive modernization work to more than 2,300 compartments, 600 tanks and hundreds of systems.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean