Suffolk mom arrested for kicking son out of house after argument
Suffolk, Va. – A Suffolk mom says she was practicing “tough love” when she kicked her son out of the house after an argument. Police say it was child neglect and arrested her!
“I just wanted to hear him say, ‘Mom I apologize for disrespecting you,” says Linda Jones.
All was forgotten, but this time last week, Jones was being arrested for child neglect after an argument over a $25 check that Malcolm took from their mailbox.
Jones says she told her son to give her the check and demanded an apology or else he’s not allowed back in the house.
“You just can’t be defiant toward your parents. A child may not understand why a parent is doing what they’re doing but at the end of the day, a parent understands,” says Jones.
Jones tells NewsChannel 3, that’s when Malcolm ran off and she called police.
Officers say when they got there, they told her she couldn’t deny her son shelter, and if she did, they’d arrest her – but not before giving her a chance to avoid it.
As for Malcolm, he says the next time, he’ll think twice before arguing with his mom.
Police couldn’t tell us how many times officers have gone to the house for domestic issues , but Jones says she’s called police several times when her son has misbehaved.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’