Frozen snacks recalled for possible E. coli contamination
Thousands of pounds of quesadillas, pizzas, cheese steaks and other mini meals have been recalled because they may be contaminated with E. coli.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced that Rich Products Corporation is recalling 196,222 pounds of the various heat treated snack items.
The FSIS says the recalled products were produced between November 12 and November 19 and distributed for sale. They were notified of a multi-state investigation of E. coli illnesses last week. Food samples were collected and tested by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Laboratory.
The following products are subject to FSIS recall:
• 7.2-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322376909 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
• 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322356437 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
• 18-oz. bags of Farm Rich mini quesadillas with cheese, grilled white meat chicken in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356352 with a best by date of May 14, 2014.
• 21-oz. bags of Farm Rich philly cheese steaks with cheese, beef & onions in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356345 with a best by date of May 13, 2014.
In addition, the following products, which fall under FDA jurisdiction, are also being recalled. FSIS is issuing this news release to make the public aware that these products are also considered potentially adulterated and should be properly discarded or destroyed.
• 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322374431 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
• 7-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322376916 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
• 22-oz. bags of Market Day Mozzarella Bites, UPC code 041322804358 with a best by date of May 12, 2014.
Each product package above contains the establishment number “EST. 27232” or “P-27232” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- Newport News mom charged with child neglect after 1-year-old son found in car
- Update: VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition released on bond
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Float catches fire during Oceanfront parade, caused by generator