USS Winston S. Churchill returns to Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – After being deployed for 9 months, the USS Winston S. Churchill made its way back to Naval Station Norfolk on Thursday.
The USS Churchill was deployed to the 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility. During its journey, the Churchill traveled more than 56, 000 nautical miles.
Last summer the ship responded to an emergency at sea on the Motor Vessel Belde. A crew member on the Belde was killed and another was injured.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean