E-2C Hawkeye makes emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. - The Navy is calling it a routine precautionary emergency landing.
An E-2C Hawkeye assigned to (VAW-126), made a precautionary emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk Chambers Field Wednesday afternoon, says Mike Maus, Navy Public Affairs Specialist.
It happened at 1:15 p.m. The landing was made due to smoke inside the right engine. Crew members were able to make a safe landing, Maus tells NewsChannel 3.
None of the four crew members on board were injured.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea