E-2C Hawkeye makes emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. - The Navy is calling it a routine precautionary emergency landing.
An E-2C Hawkeye assigned to (VAW-126), made a precautionary emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk Chambers Field Wednesday afternoon, says Mike Maus, Navy Public Affairs Specialist.
It happened at 1:15 p.m. The landing was made due to smoke inside the right engine. Crew members were able to make a safe landing, Maus tells NewsChannel 3.
None of the four crew members on board were injured.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’