E-2C Hawkeye makes emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. - The Navy is calling it a routine precautionary emergency landing.
An E-2C Hawkeye assigned to (VAW-126), made a precautionary emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk Chambers Field Wednesday afternoon, says Mike Maus, Navy Public Affairs Specialist.
It happened at 1:15 p.m. The landing was made due to smoke inside the right engine. Crew members were able to make a safe landing, Maus tells NewsChannel 3.
None of the four crew members on board were injured.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales