E-2C Hawkeye makes emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. - The Navy is calling it a routine precautionary emergency landing.
An E-2C Hawkeye assigned to (VAW-126), made a precautionary emergency landing at Naval Station Norfolk Chambers Field Wednesday afternoon, says Mike Maus, Navy Public Affairs Specialist.
It happened at 1:15 p.m. The landing was made due to smoke inside the right engine. Crew members were able to make a safe landing, Maus tells NewsChannel 3.
None of the four crew members on board were injured.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found