3M recalls thousands of air purifiers due to fire hazard
3M has recalled about 10,000 air purifiers due to reports of overheating and burn hazards, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
This recall involves 3M air purifiers branded Filtrete.
The air purifiers are white, made of plastic, and plug into the wall. They measure about 19 inches tall by 8 inches wide with a 13 inch tall by 4.5 inch wide air filter. They have a two-speed fan knob with Filtrete embossed on the top.
The two recalled models are Ultra Quiet, number FAP00-RS, and Maximum Allergen, number FAP00-L, which was sold only at Lowe’s stores.
The products’ serial numbers begin with E, F, G, H, I or J and the model and serial numbers are located on the bottom of the product.
Find the complete recall report from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, HERE.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million