Water main repaired near W. T. Cooke Elementary School
Virginia Beach, Va. – A minor water main break was reported near W. T. Cooke Elementary School overnight, officials say, around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The water main, located at Mediterranean Avenue and 14th Street at the Oceanfront, was repaired at approximately 6 a.m.
“Customers should run water for about five minutes before use, just to clear out the pipe,” says Jim Cherry of Virginia Beach Public Works.
Cherry says this water main break affects very few customers, and a boil order has not been issued at this time.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for additional updates that may be released.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains