Update: Police continue to investigate grenades found inside Chesapeake home
Update: Officials now say one of the grenades was a dud, but they are not sure about the other one.
Chesapeake, Va. – A grenade was found inside of a Chesapeake home on Briarfield Drive according to police.
A family was cleaning out a home for a deceased family member and discovered what looked like two grenades in the attic. That’s when they called police.
Chesapeake fire crews say they are not sure if the grenades are active.
The Navy EOD was called to dispose of them.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates as they come into our news desk.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen