Update: Police continue to investigate grenades found inside Chesapeake home
Update: Officials now say one of the grenades was a dud, but they are not sure about the other one.
Chesapeake, Va. – A grenade was found inside of a Chesapeake home on Briarfield Drive according to police.
A family was cleaning out a home for a deceased family member and discovered what looked like two grenades in the attic. That’s when they called police.
Chesapeake fire crews say they are not sure if the grenades are active.
The Navy EOD was called to dispose of them.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates as they come into our news desk.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations