Update: Denny Hamlin has lower back compression fracture after NASCAR crash
FONTANA, Calif. – Chesterfield native Denny Hamlin is in a California hospital after a crash during Sunday’s NASCAR race. Hamlin, it was reported, was complaining of back pain following the crash.
ESPN reports that Hamlin has a compression fracture in his lower back and is expected to be released soon.
Hamlin posted a photo update that said “All good.”
Hamlin had to be airlifted to the hospital after driver Joey Logano spun Hamlin out and into a wall near the end of Sunday’s race. Hamlin and Logano had been involved in a verbal battle all week after the two fought following a wreck last week in Bristol.
“He probably shouldn’t have done what he did last week, so that’s what he gets,” Logano said.
Denny Hamlin’s girlfriend tweeted an update on Hamlin’s condition.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million