Update: Denny Hamlin has lower back compression fracture after NASCAR crash
FONTANA, Calif. – Chesterfield native Denny Hamlin is in a California hospital after a crash during Sunday’s NASCAR race. Hamlin, it was reported, was complaining of back pain following the crash.
ESPN reports that Hamlin has a compression fracture in his lower back and is expected to be released soon.
Hamlin posted a photo update that said “All good.”
Hamlin had to be airlifted to the hospital after driver Joey Logano spun Hamlin out and into a wall near the end of Sunday’s race. Hamlin and Logano had been involved in a verbal battle all week after the two fought following a wreck last week in Bristol.
“He probably shouldn’t have done what he did last week, so that’s what he gets,” Logano said.
Denny Hamlin’s girlfriend tweeted an update on Hamlin’s condition.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly