3-month-old treated for burns all over body after being found on top of heater
Portsmouth, Va. – A 3-month-old baby is being treated for second-degree and third- degree burns all over her body after she was found on top of a heater on Sunday morning police say.
A 4-year-old child, the baby’s sibling, is also being treated for a burn to her arm.
The mother left for work and the grandparents were caring for the children police say. At around 10:50 a.m., the grandmother walked into a bedroom to check on the baby who was sleeping on a regular bed. The infant was found between the bed and the heater which was attached to the wall.
The children are now being treated at CHKD in Norfolk. The infant had burns on her head, face, hands, leg and foot police say.
Police have not released any further details about this case. NewsChannel 3 will keep you posted as we learn more.
This case remains under investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen