Freight train derails in Dickenson County
Fifteen train cars went off the tracks when a freight train derailed Saturday evening in Dickerson County, Virginia.
Four of them ended up in the Russell Fork River.
According to the transportation company, C-S-X, one of the derailed cars was leaking.
It contained propionic acid, a corrosive material.
A hazardous materials team is on the scene.
The train was headed from North Carolina to Kentucky when the accident happened.
No injuries were reported.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial