Freight train derails in Dickenson County
Fifteen train cars went off the tracks when a freight train derailed Saturday evening in Dickerson County, Virginia.
Four of them ended up in the Russell Fork River.
According to the transportation company, C-S-X, one of the derailed cars was leaking.
It contained propionic acid, a corrosive material.
A hazardous materials team is on the scene.
The train was headed from North Carolina to Kentucky when the accident happened.
No injuries were reported.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'