Norfolk now the new home of PCU Arlington
Norfolk, Va. – Naval Station Norfolk is now the home of a new ship.
The PCU Arlington, a San Antonio Class Amphibious Transport Dock Ship, dropped its anchor today.
The ship honors first responders and the 184 people who died when the Pentagon was attacked on September 11.
First responders who were at the Pentagon that day were also at the Naval Station to greet the ship and her crew when they arrived.
The Arlington is set to be commissioned on April 6, 2013, and it will then be known as the USS Arlington.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales