Norfolk now the new home of PCU Arlington
Norfolk, Va. – Naval Station Norfolk is now the home of a new ship.
The PCU Arlington, a San Antonio Class Amphibious Transport Dock Ship, dropped its anchor today.
The ship honors first responders and the 184 people who died when the Pentagon was attacked on September 11.
First responders who were at the Pentagon that day were also at the Naval Station to greet the ship and her crew when they arrived.
The Arlington is set to be commissioned on April 6, 2013, and it will then be known as the USS Arlington.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found