Comfort, Grasp and Kauffman deployments cancelled due to budget cuts
Norfolk, Va. – The deployments once scheduled for April for the USNS Comfort, USS Kauffman, and the Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-based USNS Grasp along with their supporting units, have been cancelled due to budget cuts.
Kauffman and Comfort were supposed to deploy to the U.S Southern Command area of responsibility.
Grasp was scheduled to deploy to the U.S. European Command AOR.
Sailors and civilian mariners are being notified.
The commands were already bracing for the possibility of the cancellation. The ships will remain in their homeports for now.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel