UPDATE: Bayside High School lockdown lifted
Update: The Bayside High School lockdown has been lifted. A folding knife was found in a student’s backpack.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Bayside High School was put on lockdown Friday morning, police say, but it has since been lifted.
A student under the age of 18 had a folding knife in his backpack, which was inside his gym locker, police tell NewsChannel 3.
Officers spoke to the student, and they say that no other students were in any immediate danger at the time of the incident.
The student may be charged for having a weapon.
The lockdown lasted about 30 minutes. Police say internal lockdowns are normal routines if they suspect any type of weapon may be on school grounds.
We’ll post the latest updates here on wtkr.com as they come in to our news desk.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom