James River Bridge will not close tonight
Isle of Wight – VDOT crews have completed the maintenance work that required overnight lane closures of the northbound span (toward Newport News) at the Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB).
The overnight, northbound closure that was scheduled for tonight, Mar. 21, beginning at 11 p.m., has been cancelled.
VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
Motorists are encouraged to call 511 or the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016, visit http://www.511virginia.org, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM for current traffic and travel information.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge