James River Bridge will not close tonight
Isle of Wight – VDOT crews have completed the maintenance work that required overnight lane closures of the northbound span (toward Newport News) at the Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB).
The overnight, northbound closure that was scheduled for tonight, Mar. 21, beginning at 11 p.m., has been cancelled.
VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
Motorists are encouraged to call 511 or the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016, visit http://www.511virginia.org, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM for current traffic and travel information.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time