UPDATE: Two new fires in Accomack County overnight
Accomack Co., Va. – The list of Eastern Shore fires just got longer.
Two fires were reported Thursday night.
The first fire happened at an abandoned building, located at 30120 Society Drive in Accomack County. Emergency officials tell us that fire started just before 11 p.m.
No word yet on the cause of that fire.
The second fire happened at 10:39 p.m. in the 1500 block of Metompkin Road, in Mappsville. That structure was an abandoned, one-story house. There were no injuries reported, and that fire is now being investigated as arson, according to Sergeant M. Anaya.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for additional coverage.
More than 70 fires have been set on the Eastern Shore since mid-November. Anyone with information about the arsons is encouraged to text, call or email 757-655-1437. The person with a tip that leads to an arrest and conviction in these cases could be eligible for a reward of up to $25,000.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’