Take a sneak peek at the movie about fallen SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy
Virginia Beach, Va. – MURPH: The Protector movie will open in theaters this weekend.
The film tells the story of Medal of Honor recipient and SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy. He made the ultimate sacrifice in June of 2005 in Afghanistan as part of Operation Red Wings.
Bianca Martinez sat down with the movie’s producer, Scott Mactavish.
He says it was a project of passion for him to tell this story of courage and commitment.
“My job was to unpack that and kind of explore that and show what kind of man does that type of sacrifice,” says Mactavish.
Murphy’s story unfolds on the big screen in a way so different from recent movies surrounding Navy SEALs. It’s something Mactavish has done for a reason – to honor not just Murphy, but all of the quiet professionals.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation