Take a sneak peek at the movie about fallen SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy
Virginia Beach, Va. – MURPH: The Protector movie will open in theaters this weekend.
The film tells the story of Medal of Honor recipient and SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy. He made the ultimate sacrifice in June of 2005 in Afghanistan as part of Operation Red Wings.
Bianca Martinez sat down with the movie’s producer, Scott Mactavish.
He says it was a project of passion for him to tell this story of courage and commitment.
“My job was to unpack that and kind of explore that and show what kind of man does that type of sacrifice,” says Mactavish.
Murphy’s story unfolds on the big screen in a way so different from recent movies surrounding Navy SEALs. It’s something Mactavish has done for a reason – to honor not just Murphy, but all of the quiet professionals.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'