Women’s basketball coach at William and Mary is out
Williamsburg, Va. – The College of William and Mary announced Tuesday that they will not renew their contract with women’s basketball coach Debbie Taylor.
The Tribe finished 8-22 with a conference record of 6 -12. Taylor, a 1986 graduate of William and Mary, is the program’s all-time wins leader with 146 -265 record. She was named the 2006 CAA Coach of the Year.
William and Mary Athletic Director terry Driscoll announced a national search will begin immediately.
“I want to thank Debbie Taylor for all her contributions to the program for the past 14 seasons,” Driscoll said. “She was always a first-class representative of her program and the College of William and Mary. I sincerely wish her well as she explores other career opportunities.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend