“The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended 36 years ago today
The show may have ended, but the jumpsuit lives on.
36 years ago today, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended its 7 year run.
Pictured to the right is Mary, wearing the infamous jumpsuit. “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” of the 1970s profiled a single 37-year-old woman who put her career ahead of her love life. Its discussion of topics like pre-marital sex and homosexuality were risqué for the decade, according to reports – and paved the way for other female-centric shows like “Girls” and “Sex and the City”.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire