“The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended 36 years ago today
The show may have ended, but the jumpsuit lives on.
36 years ago today, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended its 7 year run.
Pictured to the right is Mary, wearing the infamous jumpsuit. “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” of the 1970s profiled a single 37-year-old woman who put her career ahead of her love life. Its discussion of topics like pre-marital sex and homosexuality were risqué for the decade, according to reports – and paved the way for other female-centric shows like “Girls” and “Sex and the City”.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains