“The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended 36 years ago today
The show may have ended, but the jumpsuit lives on.
36 years ago today, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended its 7 year run.
Pictured to the right is Mary, wearing the infamous jumpsuit. “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” of the 1970s profiled a single 37-year-old woman who put her career ahead of her love life. Its discussion of topics like pre-marital sex and homosexuality were risqué for the decade, according to reports – and paved the way for other female-centric shows like “Girls” and “Sex and the City”.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found