“The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended 36 years ago today
The show may have ended, but the jumpsuit lives on.
36 years ago today, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ended its 7 year run.
Pictured to the right is Mary, wearing the infamous jumpsuit. “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” of the 1970s profiled a single 37-year-old woman who put her career ahead of her love life. Its discussion of topics like pre-marital sex and homosexuality were risqué for the decade, according to reports – and paved the way for other female-centric shows like “Girls” and “Sex and the City”.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket