Seal washes up on Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Virginia Beach, Va. –If you‘ve been to Virginia Beach recently, you may have seen someone other than tourists lounging on the beach!
Some say they’ve seen a seal popping up on the Beach in several different spots over the last few days.
This kind of activity is normal for seals experts say. Sometimes they just like a change of scenery and want to hang out a little.
The Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Team evaluated the seal and it seems to be healthy they say.
The team will observe it for the next 21-48 hours.
Please be aware that this is a wild animal and it should not be approached by people or pets.
If you spot a seal, please keep a safe distance and report it to authorities.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery