Photos: Seal gets net caught around neck near Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
A seal near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel has a net caught around its neck.
The photos were taken by Brian Lockwood this weekend.
When he looked closer at the photos, he realized one of the seals had something caught around its neck.
He called the Virginia Aquarium’s Stranding Response Team to see if they could help.
Joan Barnes with the aquarium says the rocks make it difficult for the team to get near the seal, but it does appear to be healthy.
If you see any stranded or injured seals, whales, or sea turtles call the aquarium’s stranding response team at 757-385-7575.
(Photos courtesy www.jetskibrian.com)Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom