Chesapeake man charged with sexual abuse
Virginia Beach, Va.–David Joseph Ghi, a 32-year-old Chesapeake man, has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, forcible sodomy, and indecent liberties after a woman claimed he sexually abused a child.
Beach Police got the call in February from a woman who claimed that a child was sexually abused by someone they knew.
The woman told police that Ghi was caring for the child when the abuse occurred.
Police conducted an investigation and found that the alleged abuse happened in two separate places in Virginia Beach and another in Chesapeake.
Ghi was apprehended in South Carolina and extradited back to the Beach to face charges. Charges may be pending in Chesapeake also for Ghi.
This case remains open in Chesapeake according to Beach police.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified